1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Basic Content Download???

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by ollywood, Jul 30, 2014.

1. ollywood

ollywood Member

Does anyone know what this is all about?
    Even once it's done, it wants to do it again. Iv'e never seen this before or understand what it is. I just started up on another system on a different drive.

Best

OL

Attached Files:

3. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Happened here too. I had made changes at all to my setup. See thread elsewhere in this forum.

4. ollywood

ollywood Member

Hmmm... a search doesn't reveal any other threads relating to this topic... how did you resolve?

5. ollywood

ollywood Member

It makes zero sense. I don't need to download any basic content whatsoever since Logic has been up and running for over a year on the same drive. Logic won't open at all now.

6. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I didn't have to do anything. I just let it do the download and then carried on. It better not happen again. I'm not keen to wait and hour every time I start up logic.

7. ollywood

ollywood Member

I wouldn't mind waiting 15 mins if that was it but Logic won't boot. It keeps wanting to do this download every time! It never installs it. It's insane. Is there anyone from Apple on here that knows what to do?

8. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

There's nothing remotely obvious. Perhaps there is a file that Logic writes to indicate that it has access to the required content. If you have a permissions problem, it would not be able to write that file. Repairing permissions, reinstalling etc., might help.