Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

basic home recording setup

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by S35824, Jan 20, 2015.

1. S35824

S35824 New Member

hope someone can help, if my query is available in some other thread, appreciate in advance to point me to the correct one. if not,below are my query.

I have just bought a mac-mini, and will hook up using a midi interface to my JV1080 (got it free from someone). will mix sound from both JV1080 and mac-mini.

intention - midi sequence using Pro-logic X and record final mix into mac-mini.

Is it possible? thanks in advance for everyone's recommendation.

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Yes it's possible. I would advise that before mixing you actually record the sounds from the Jv1080 into Logic.
  4. S35824

S35824 New Member

Thanks Pete. Btw, I won't be using logic to record the final mix. Cause I have audio loops. I will need to check if OS X has an apps to record from the audio IN.
  5. Pete Thomas

I don't understand.

If you have are using Logic for its own instruments sounds, and also sequencing the sounds from your JV1080, then why not bounce the final mix in Logic?
  6. S35824

S35824 New Member

Hi Pete,
    Thanks for the reply.
    hmmmm? that means Logic can detect the audio from mac-mini audio-in (that is the audio from my mixer)? and able to bounce into a final audio file?
    Appreciate your clarifications: :)
  7. Pete Thomas

Yes it can, however you would probably get better sound from an analogue/digital converter via USB

You will also find you don't need a mixer, these days people generally do the mix within Logic.
  8. S35824

S35824 New Member

Oh!!!! wow....didn't know that.....i think i am a bit out-dated then......will put that mixer in the store until i decided to add voice in my recording :thmbup: