Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Basic Logic Audio Recording Issue

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by logandrum, May 5, 2016.

1. logandrum

logandrum New Member

In PT, I can arm one track and ONE track only and record a pass on say an electric guitar.

I can then go back to the beginning of that take and set a punch in and out point and hear all that take back prior to the punch in point. Why am I not able to recreate this in Logic? ???

This does not happen when overdubbing/punching-in in midi..

I want to be sure that I am not confusing cycle take record and auto punch. What I just explained above is an auto punch/quick punch feature, yet I cannot hear audio play back when punching in? Why? What could I possibly be doing wrong. I have tried with Auto Input Monitoring both on and off, and Software Monitoring (not sure I need that?)

Cycle record with takes works great, assuming I am playing to other tracks, but again with just one audio track I can not hear the previous portion of the track prior to punching in. This behavior is the same for auto punch too.

What I am wanted to have a session where I was recording just on classical guitar, and I never intend to record other audio tracks? How would the guitar player hear himself assuming he needed to punch in?

Please let me know how I can fix this, assuming I am not doing something so totally stupid on my end. I think I am just confusing myself and maybe mixing up the record modes.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks!