1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic question. LFO in instrument track

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by RED.Beared, Jan 9, 2015.

1. RED.Beared

RED.Beared New Member

Hi, this is my first post here, Hello all!
    I started using Logic Pro x about a week ago so i am quite new and please forgive my possible lack of correct terminology as i don't wanna go google for the right name every time i need to type something, but hopefully i will get it close enough descriptions so you know what i am on about. So that said....

I have created myself some dirty dark dubstep wobbles in ES2 synth and can easily use LFO2 from the synth panel itself to change the rate but i want to vary LFO somehow from the instrument track where all my audio strips and instruments are. Is there a way i can do this? I want to record freestyle over existing audio tracks so i can vary the rate of LFO to get it matched up and sounding good.
    Thanks for reading my NOOB post!

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

You can use track automation to vary the LFO parameter over time.

Maybe also check out the MIDI plug-ins; you can set up some additional LFO control there that might be useful.

4. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi,
    If I get that correctly you want to SUM all Audio & Instrument tracks to a Bus and control a Filter Cutoff or something else via LFO to keep the LFO BPM sync of the summed Bus right?
    If yes I can let you know how to use the MIDI FX Modulator (LFO) plugin and route it to control the Parameter in question. I thing there some more alternatives via side chain etc but I need more info what you want exactly.

5. RED.Beared

RED.Beared New Member

I think so..... basically i was able to vary the time/speed of wavers in a sound when using the ES2 synth and i want to be able to do that in time as my audio track is playing and just vary the wavering speed of that one instrument track rather doing it from the ES2 synth UI. Sorry i can't just say yeah thats exactly what i mean or, no, or just explain it properly. I definitely need to learn some terminology. I am a guitarist. I have never used any music software before but from what i have learned just from youtube so far I'm really liking it. Is my description making sense? Thanks guys

EDIT: Here is what i did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1UiADreVdE