Logic Pro (X) Bass Amp crashes Logic X 10.1

Maart

Logician
Every time I open bass amp designer, Logic crashes. If I get the signal going through then add BAD, it crashes. If I open BAD then click the Input monitor switch, it crashes. Any ideas?

Every time I open bass amp designer, Logic crashes. If I get the signal going through then add BAD, it crashes. If I open BAD then click the Input monitor switch, it crashes. Any ideas?

System specs please? Computer, Logic version?, audio interface, hard drives, etc...

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as Maart. It seams to happen whenever Logic tries to play audio through the BAD in any way. It even crashed once while loading/opening a project that had a BAD track in it. I often have overload problems.
I am using: Logic Pro X (10.1.1), Yosemite (10.10.2), iMac (mid 2007), 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 240 GB Solid state SATA Drive.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem as Maart. It seams to happen whenever Logic tries to play audio through the BAD in any way. It even crashed once while loading/opening a project that had a BAD track in it. I often have overload problems.
I am using: Logic Pro X (10.1.1), Yosemite (10.10.2), iMac (mid 2007), 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 240 GB Solid state SATA Drive.

Hi there, welcome to the LUG

While your Mac may full fill the minimum requirements for running LPX and Yosemite, honestly, it is an old machine, with a comparatively slow CPU, GPU and (perhaps more critical) very little RAM. This may restrict you in terms of the type and size of project you can expect to create in Logic.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Thanks for your comment, Mark.

The thing is, the size of the project has nothing to do with it. My computer can handle fairly big projects just fine except for the occasional Ram problem where Logic Pro brings up a message to let me know. However, If I create a new project with only one track, LPX crashes the moment I change it to a Bass Amp Track(no System Overload message). Electric Guitar tracks, Basic Audio tracks, midi tracks, etc. all work fine. I have past projects with bass tracks all recorded, But since the update to 10.1.1 I have to move the audio regions to a basic audio track to hear the bass and prevent crashes. I think it's either a bug or the instrument library/Instrument plug-in is missing or corrupted. I'm not an expert, but I'm 99% certain that it's not solely a RAM Issue.

Upvote 0
Back