1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass patch advice needed

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by donmr, Mar 5, 2015.

1. donmr

donmr New Member

I've been trying to make a MONOPHONIC Bass patch in ESX24 that will ONLY play the LOWEST NOTE in any given chord. I'd like to double a piano in a live performance part but only following the lowest note. This is trivial to do after the fact with midi editor but in real time it seems tricky. If ESX24 won't do this, is there any other bass plugin or sampler that will?
    Thanks
    Don

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

I guess this could be feasible with a script...

4. donmr

donmr New Member

If only i knew how to write one! Thanks for the heads up though. it gives me a good clue as to a starting point.
    Don

5. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi Don,
    The Logic EXS is not a Mutli-Timbral instrument by default. If I see correctly you want to layer a Piano Track with another EXS Bass track licked to the Piano track bass chord voice right?
    I have created a "Logic Bass Revolver" Environment Tool in the pass which does that. I found some records in Google and in my FTP server. It is a Beta (events limited demo) which includes a short non-voice Video. My nick is "Vacheto" in this Apple forum link. Have a look at the bottom post of this page!

I can program a Scripter MIDI FX plugin but it can be useful with Multi-Timbral Instruments or with complicated IAC routings...

AG Bass Revolver Tool Demo: DOWNLAOD

6. donmr

donmr New Member

Wow! I'm just trying to digest all that! :) Actually i started investigating this in Logic Pro X but I'm actually wanting to do it in mainstage which I don't think allows access to the environment window. So, I'm needing a script to use in the Scripting midi plugin which functions in Mainstage as well as logic. What I want to do is have a Chenel Strip with Piano taking it's midi input from the controller keyboard and creat another channel strip with this Scripter plugin that filter all but the lowest note being played on the keyboard and use that with various bass plugins that way it will track the piano with a useful bass sound which can be mixed separately. Sort of an AUTO BASS thingie! I so appreciate you looking at this!!
    Best - Don

7. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Hi Don,
    I see what you want. Yes such code can be programmed in the Scripter.
    Audiogrocery is specialized in NI Kontakt KSP scripting and Instruments design as well as in Logic X Scripter coding.
    If you have any interest to offer a custom script please send me a PM or send an Email to the Audiogrocery Contacts.
    Best,

Ivan