1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Bass station Validation failure + Interface advise

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by M_C_M, May 7, 2010.

1. M_C_M

M_C_M New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an imac core 2 duo with os x 10.6.2 and Logic studio 9 which I've updated to 9.1.1. :thmbup:

I installed some AU plugins the other day, one of them being Novation bass station and it gave me the failed validation message. I can go into the AU manager and activate it and it appears to work ok but of course I deactivated it and haven't used it as I don't want to stuff anything.

Why does this happen?
    Can it be rectified?
    And if it can't be fixed will it wreck anything if I use it anyway?

I'm also in the market for an audio interface, I've been looking at the Presonus firestudio mobile or the M-audio profire 610.

Anyone have experience with either of these using a similar setup?
    Or does anyone have a recommendation of a similar/better product?
    Of course there are better interfaces out there but this is the feature and price range in looking at.

I've been hanging around for a couple of weeks now and I've picked up some very useful tips. I find this place much more informative and user friendly than the other forums. Thanks again...

3. FoKuS

FoKuS New Member

Sometimes they work just fine and there are no "visible/audio" issues, but that check is there for a reason.

I would recommend sending the failure information to Novation and asking for a status update.

PS3

4. M_C_M

M_C_M New Member

Thanks for the advise FoKuS. I didn't need to contact them I just went to the web site and downloaded an update of bass station and it fixed the problem. Just put in my serial number again and away it went.

5. FoKuS

FoKuS New Member

:)
    Very nice.
    I apologize as I assumed you had done that step.
    Glad it works now!

PS3