Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Beaming in 6/4 options?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by David51, May 28, 2012.

1. David51

David51 Senior member

Is there a way to get the score editor to beam [in 6/4] pairs[sets] of 6 8th notes? The staff styles doesn't offer anything like this, could a 1/8 quantize choice make this automatic? I just tried that and it doesn't do what I want. How do I get the quantize choice in the score upper bar,sometimes its there, then not. When I use the key commands the beaming always jumps back to what it was[ three pairs of 4 8ths]. Thanks in advance.

I just found the info about beaming all the notes under one beam and then selecting just the last one where I want the beam to stop, and use the key command to unbeam-that removes the beam towards the right that had connected the two sets of 8ths,so ignore this unless you know a parameter setting that does it automatically.
  3. Ginger

Ginger Member

Do you mean like this?

Attached Files:

4. Ginger

Ginger Member

...or like this?

Attached Files:

5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Double click on the time signature and set beat grouping to 3+3 for two sets of 6 (or 1+1+1+1+1+1 for 6 pairs)

Display quantise won't affect this at all
  6. David51

David51 Senior member

Ginger, Thanks for the reply, Pete had the solution and so Thank you to Pete too.