1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beat mapping audio sync problem

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by beefyblue, Mar 1, 2015.

1. beefyblue

beefyblue New Member

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here although I've been following the forum for a while. A great resource for Logic users!

My problem is a basic one and it may well be an easy fix but here goes. I have beat mapped a song that was recorded to a click/tempo of 150bpm. I went in and tightened it up with beat mapping as the drummer fell off the click a little a couple of times and the tempo effects/arpeggiators were suffering. Anyway, i fixed it with beat mapping and it noe sounds great.

Problem is some vocals were recorded in a different project set at a strict 150 before any mapping and when I import them into the new beat mapped project they're not properly in sync! Other than going through and trying to line them up manually I'm not too sure what to do or why its happening. I didn't think it would affect the audio when I beat mapped it, just the tempo grid of the project/song?

Any help/pointers/fixes/suggestions or just jibes would be greatly received!

Great forum, nice to be here and hope to stick around as long as I'm a logic user! This is all in Logic X BTW.

3. beefyblue

beefyblue New Member

No one come across this then? :(

4. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I'm just wondering whether beat mapping (which causes Logic's tempo to follow the audio) is the method of choice here, as you then want to use audio which has been recorded to a click. Did you consider using flex time on the drums to correct them to run strictly with the click? That should then allow you to import audio files with a better chance of them playing in time with your project.

kind regards

Mark

5. beefyblue

beefyblue New Member

Thanks for the reply Mark! The problem I have is a lot of the track was recorded live with the drums so moving the drums might not be good for that. Also we wanted the keep the natural 'push and pull' to keep the human element. There were just a few changes to the beat map that are now messing with the vocal tracks (that were recorded in a different version of the project) when I brkmf them over. The only solution. I can think off is delete the beat mapping then import all the other tracks, then redo it all, but I thought there must be a better way than that!?

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Your choices will ultimately be determined by whatever it takes to get the song to groove. If Beatmapping to the drums is the right way to go - and from your description that seems to be the case - then it would seem that you have to get the vocals to line up with them.

kind regards

Mark

7. beefyblue

beefyblue New Member

I managed to solve this!! When you import the audio into the beat mapped project you need to select the imported region, go to the track menu and reset the tempo information! Problem solved if anyone else has a similar issue!