Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic Studio apps Best interface for Mainstage

Discussion in 'MainStage' started by Jusplayinmybass, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Jusplayinmybass

Jusplayinmybass New Member

I have been using Mainstage for a couple years now for effects on my bass as well as synth bass. I also run backing tracks to FOH on occasion. I had an original MOTU 828 for an interface and it worked great. Unfortunately it got stolen with my original rack. Been using an M Audio Fast Track Pro and it is a temperamental PITA. I need to get something better. Eventually I want an Apollo. But that is I ways off.

What is everybody else using for an interface? How do you like it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

The world is full of audio interfaces ...

How many line inputs?
    How many mic inputs (which microphones)?
    Instrument input (which instrument)?
    How many line outputs?
    MIDI in/out?
    Digital in/out (SPDIF, ADAT, etc)?
    Computer connection USB or Firewire?
    Built in effects (EQ, Compressor etc)
    Rack mountable?
    Price range?
  4. Jusplayinmybass

I guess I should have named the thread, "What interface do you use with Mainstage?" I am not really wanting advice on an interface to use. But I want to see what other people use and how. Sorry for the mixup.

5. Peter Ostry

Audio interface is RME Fireface 800.
    MIDI interfaces are Emagic amt8 and WIDI boxes (wireless).

With external preamps and effects, connected via Audio- and ADAT-cables. MIDI controllers are a Behringer FCB1010 and a custom MIDI pedal.
  6. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

If you're used to the 828, why not get another one? The price has dropped on the FW/USB hybrid version with the introduction of the new Thunderbolt version.
  7. Jusplayinmybass

Unless I come across a large sum of money quick, that is the way I am leaning.

8. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Then I suppose your question is more along the lines of inexpensive reliable interfaces. Whether you're using MainStage or some other app doesn't matter. You might want to be specific about things like the I/O count you need, monitoring, and so on.
  9. Jusplayinmybass

I explained in my second post that I really messed up naming this thread. It should be, "What interface are you using for Mainstage?" I know the direction I want to go in. Probably an 828 of some sort for now until I can get an Apollo. I am curious what everyone else is using.

10. Peter Ostry

I doubt that many users will post names of their interfaces here and explain how they use them, if you do not have a specific question. Everybody has different requirements and preferences.

So far I've seen people use interfaces in the price range of $300 - $2,000 on stage, Mainstage or not. Some use only the internal interface of their computer and the other extreme is a fully featured analog/digital studio in racks. But most are somewhere between.