1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 BFD INstall Question

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Eli, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi All,

I'm currently in the midst of jumping head first into the exciting but complex BFD world. Wow, what a plug in!

The install, not unlike many of these complex plug ins, scatters little bits in all different areas of the system. No surprise there. But I have an install question I hope some of the experienced BFD users can help me with. I have installed the Deluxe package as well as the regular BFD 2 content. I'm not certain if I installed it correctly though.

I created a new folder on my samples drive, named it BFD (as opposed to BFD 2 which I created as well to house all the regular factory content) and installed the Deluxe content there. So, I now have two folders at the root level of my sample drive. One named BFD 2 and the other BFD.

Within the BFD plugin itself, I made sure to identify and scan both of those pathways. My problem is, I'm nto sure how to access the Deluxe kits? I can access the kit pieces form the kit piece load window. But the kits themselves are another story.

Do I have to manually move the kits in the Finder into one of the many insall directories on my system folder? I want to check before I mess up the original locations of this content so badly that I can't retrace my steps.

Thanks.

3. bobdemaa

bobdemaa Senior member

You probably have this sorted out by now, but from what I recall, when you go into the Load Kit page, all the kits should show up, uncluding the BFD1 and expansion kits even if you've added directories to the preferences page.

I have noticed that on occasion some of those things work better if they are setup and tested under the stand alone application, after which the plug-in follows the preferences better... I don't have access to the expansion kits on this system but I've used BFD on and off for a few years and that's what I recall.

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Bob,

What I've figured out is that the kits don't appear in the regular "load kit" window even though I've scanned the directories, but if I choose the "import BFD 1" option, then it will import the kit. But only one at a time. Which is a drag.

I then found out (all from the BFD forum, which is really good BTW) that I can get them all in at once by running the setup wizard and enabling the "I have BFD 1 kits" checkbox. BFD then rescans the directories and recognizes the kits all at once,

My problem was that I didn't understand that these BFD Deluxe kits are considered as BFD 1 data.

Thanks for posting though. And any other little BFD tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. It's a real beast!! I'm just going to try and dig in to the sequencer section now - and my head hurts already :)