Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Black "curtain" during rec/playback...

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by JoeLogic8, Oct 29, 2013.

1. JoeLogic8

JoeLogic8 New Member

Hi all!

Wondering if someone has a fix for this...

Im using Logic 8 Express with an M-Audio 1814. Everything has worked awesome but now, out of the blue... while playing back or recording tracks, as the curser moves across the screen it leaves a black "curtain" over the all the info I should be seeing in the entire track field (covers all tracks). If I resize the window it disappears, but begins again upon playback/recording once more. Any ideas?

Much appreciated!
    Joseph

3. lincland

lincland New Member

I have the same problem. I don't know if they are related, but I just upgraded to Mavericks a few days ago. I've looked around and I can't find anything about this. I'm hoping to get this straightened out soon. Thanks.

4. mmm42

mmm42 Senior member

Logic Pro 8 doesn't work on Mavericks. There is no fix possible, Mavericks requires Logic Pro 9.1.8 or Logic Pro X.

5. lincland

lincland New Member

Thanks for the reply. Wow, that's really bad news.

6. mmm42

mmm42 Senior member

Logic Pro 8 didn't get an update for several OS X releases, it is not really a surprise that it breaks at some point if you change the OS and/or hardware below it. Either re-install your old OS X and stick with it or upgrade to Logic Pro X.

7. JoeLogic8

JoeLogic8 New Member

Thank very much!

Thanks for all for the replies! I figured it had something to do with Mavericks. I've been meaning to jump up to newest version forever, so now I have no excuse! I'm just using the new Garageband until I buy the newest Logic.

Thanks again!
    Joseph

8. lincland

lincland New Member

Well, my Logic 8 is the Education version. It doesn't upgrade. I either have to get the $200.00 newest version, or scrap it.

Can I export my files and projects to the current Garageband. If I delete Logic off of my computer will my projects disappear?

9. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

There is no upgrade path to Logic Pro X anyway, so you are not at a disadvantage as far as that is concerned. Logic Pro X costs less than previous upgrade versions of logic.

No. Logic can open GB files but not vice versa. There are many functions in Logic which are not in GB.

No, that should not happen, but you DO have backups of all your files, right?

kind regards

Mark

10. lincland

lincland New Member

I'm about to do a fresh backup before I do anything. Thanks for the info.