Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Bounce Formats Setup

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by LMPaule, Jun 16, 2013.

1. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

My automobile has a CD player that successfully plays commercial CDs and MP3s which I have bounced from Logic and then burned to a CD. The instruction manual says the player will also play WMA files. I have also gotten it to play CD DA bounces from Logic. I have attempted to replicate the CD DA settings, so that I can copy multiple files to the same disk in some other format than MP3. However, I have been unsuccessful at setting up Logic in any other format than MP3s to make this work in my car.

While the MP3 format satisfies my immediate need, I do feel that I am missing something simple in the setup process and that is aggravating.

I have tried AIFF at 16-bit 44.1 K sample rate, and wave files. Please let me know if you have a suggestion for how to set up Bounce.

As always, thanks for your fantastic help.

Larry

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

In the bounce dialog there is an option to burn CDDA, that will result in a standard audio CD.

:thmbup:

4. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

Thanks for the reply, but I must be missing something or not explaining myself well.

I noted that I can burn a single track with the CDDA function. What I want to do is to bounce a number of tracks that I can then burn to a CD and have play. I do not see the functionality to do this (per my original note above). As it is now, I can only directly send the CDDA bounce to a CD. There is no way to create and save.

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I'm probably not understanding what you're trying to do but here goes.....

So, bouncing these tracks to a common location and burning a CD with WaveBurner (for example) isn't doing what you need?

Alternately you could use the OS Burn function to create a data CD if you want that type.

I think the only way you can do this in Logic is to bring your bounced tracks into a new project and then bounce out with CDDA. I'd guess this would create one long file of all songs, so no track type search.

6. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

I get it, I use Toast for audio CDs.

You could bounce, add to iTunes library, make a playlist, then burn a CD from the playlist.

If you don't have Waveburner, also some of audio editors like DSP quattro allow you burn multiple tracks.

:cool:

7. LMPaule

LMPaule Senior member

Doug & gdoubleyou,

Thanks for the replies. I understand what both you suggested. I actually forgot that I had a copy of Waveburner. I was thinking I could just bounce to my hard drive and copy to a cd and burn. Clearly, that did not work for me, in this case. I understand what both you suggested.

Also, Doug, thanks again for the wonderful training on Groove 3. Its time for me to watch some of it again.

Larry

8. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Welcome for reply, thanks for kind words on Groove3.com training.