1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Bounce problem (not accurate)

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by lostcause, Aug 26, 2010.

1. lostcause

lostcause New Member

Hello there,

first of all, great forum!

I've been using Logic for 6 months, my favorite production tool for now on. Still, once in a while I end up facing some weird things. Here is one that's driving me just nuts...

I have a song and I cycle a part of it for 8 bars. I do a bounce of this 8 bars. The wave file is imported to the same project and it's not 8 bars long. It has a length of about 7 3 3 3 .122 ... almost 8, but not. The cycle is 8 bars accurate, checked that. Why is the bounced file this length?

Thanks for your time!

3. RichCee

RichCee New Member

I've come across this problem and I've found that when I bounce anything it's best to bounce some silence on each side of the section being bounced. So if its an 8 bar section I'd bounce a 10 bar section and then crop a bar off each end of the resulting bounce file to achieve the required 8 bars.

No idea why the problem arises but I hope this helps.

Richard

4. bradbass

bradbass Member

I am sure that you have thought of this but...
    1.) Zoom in and make sure tat the cycle range is 8 bars
    2.) Maybe smart snap is set to sample level, thus making your cycle selection a hair under 8 bars??

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Are there any tempo changes in your project? That could also account for regions being displayed at unexpected lengths.