1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bounce regions in place....

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by madelefant, May 9, 2015.

1. madelefant

madelefant Senior member

Another one of these places where continuity of concept (logic) doesn't follow.
    I'm editing a region to use as a loop. I use a flex marker to to adjust one point in the region. I now want to make it permanent. I don't want a new track. I want it right "in place" on that track. If you select the track the region is on, it won't allow it. Very illogical. So I look for the old normalize function. Think along the lines of editing closer to that of a midi region I think, they will have made this feature available for audio (not amplitude normalization) but nooooooooo. Maybe it is there and I don't see it.

Mike

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Why not use the Convert to New Audio File(s) command? ⌥⌘F.
    The new file replaces the selected region, in place.

4. madelefant

madelefant Senior member

But does the new file include the the flex edits. The flex edits as i understand them are not permanent changes to the file. Also the region has repeated aliases. I guess those would have to be regenerated?

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

After revisiting this, it looks like the only way to retain the flex edits is to BIP which you already figured out.

An option would be to create a blank audio track immediately underneath the track that's being edited. BIP to Selected track. Remove the edited region, then vertical drag the BIP file to replace it.