1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Bounces from Logic cause buzzing noise on MySpace

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Fusion Head, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

I've been outputting mixes at 48 kHz / 24 bit, and simultaneously outputting an MP3 at 160 bps. Both the AIFF and the MP3 sound fine when I listen back on my system. But if I then upload an MP3 to MySpace, it has a "buzzing" noise in the song, and the overall quality sounds quite trashy, like it's been res'd down. I do not notice this problem with music on other band's MySpace pages. What can be the problem? FH

3. bobdemaa

bobdemaa Senior member

Try exporting as 128 bps. be sure that you do not have VBR enabled. You'll also want your mp3s to be 44.1k You'll have a better chance of them sounding OK at that point. Myspace does convert them. To what I don't know, but nothing ever sounds good there.

4. charlie

charlie Senior member

Agreed. I had the same problem. Exporting at 128/non-vbr gets it as good as it's gonna get for myspace.

5. Ken Adams

Ken Adams Member

Yup. Had the same thing happen. Sounded like the upper mids and highs had been slightly bit crushed. What these guys said...

;-)

6. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

Thanks to all, but I have tried outputting MP3 at 128 kbps, but still having the same problem in the MySpace music player... still the same buzzing sound that is not in the original bounce. Could this be an issue with dithering settings? I'm just using the default settings in Logic.

7. Ken Adams

Ken Adams Member

This is only a guess, but the guess stems from a similar issue w/ a MySpace upload, and upon refection, seems a bit more like yours. It seems like I read somewhere that MySpace creates a fast lower res version at first and then (usually) the higher res version is rendered and deployed soon after. Well, it seems like one of my tracks got "stuck" in the low res version for a while. I remember putting up a replacement or few of some versions that had the above mentioned output specs. But really, after I kinda gave up on it for a while, it kinda "worked itself out" and a better sounding version was finally there. I don't know if it was a bug somewhere in their databases or WTF. Like I said, just a guess. :)

8. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

Okay, thanks, I'll wait a bit and see if the posted MP3 improves over time. I've also sent a message to MySpace admin through their onsite form... not sure if I'll get a reply. But even aside from the buzzing problem, I'm finding that songs that I've had on MySpace for a long time still sound really res'd down and bit crunched, whereas songs in other band's music players on MySpace sound really good.... is there some kind of special "added quality" level service that you can pay for that gives you this better quality there?

9. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

Hi again, no matter what resolution I output MP3's in from Logic, or what resolution I set the AIFF to (48 or 44.1) the MP3 still sounds fine playing out of iTunes but still buzzes when uploaded to MySpace. But when I then burn a mastered CD using Waveburner and rip a song off it into iTunes at 128 kbps it will sound better on MySpace ... still a bit ratty, but better than an MP3 bounced out of Logic. And it still does not sound as good as some other bands' MP3s on MySpace. Any more ideas why this would be? Is there some special mastering software or plug ins that would optimize MP3s better for MySpace? Or are some bands paying for better quality out of their music player on MySpace?

10. charlie

charlie Senior member

My stuff sounds generally muddy and crappy on the MySpace but, to trouble-shoot, is your track(s) very loud or low in volume? I'm trying to think of variables that would cause MySpace's audio compression to degrade your sound further.

11. Fusion Head

Fusion Head New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. The songs I've recently posted on MySpace are moderate in level, they are vocal/guitar acoustic-style pieces that have only a conservative amount of limiting applied. They normally sound very clean and open. When converted to 128 kbps in iTunes the don't sound great, but still sound surprisingly good for such a low bit rate. It is only when loaded into MySpace that I hear the additional nasty bit crunching that the MySpace player is apparently doing to them. Any ideas for further pre-optimizing before posting to MySpace?