Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 bouncing multiple tracks

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by ceol, Oct 9, 2013.

1. ceol

ceol New Member

Hi, I have just started to use Logic Pro 9 and need to know the following. I have tried to bounce the backing tracks of a song I have recorded in Logic to audio, such as Wave or MP3. When I do it I get a composite copy, ie, I hear all the tracks together but I can't access the individual tracks. Is there a straight forward way to copy multiple tracks to audio so that I can then access /play the individual tracks in audio without having to bounce each track one by one. David

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Look at the "Export" options under the File menu at the top left. You can export all tracks as audio files from there.

4. ceol

ceol New Member

Thanks Eli, that worked. I have another query which the export options don't seem to answer, and I have tried all the options, ie, export multiple tracks so that instead of being copied as multiple individual tracks in audio, it is copied so that all the tracks appear together in the same file but stacked from top to bottom as they originally appeared in logic. That is, the tracks appear as they do on the screen in the logic file but are in audio. David

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Check out the Bounce In Place function. You'll need to do each track individually; but it will give you what you want.

Or you could just do the Export All Tracks thing, and then just bring them back into the session. That would involve less steps.

But either way, they do need to all be individual audio files.

6. ceol

ceol New Member

Again, thanks Eli. I have tried all the 'bounce in place' options and the 'export all tracks' and they all work BUT leave me with another problem in getting what I want. The 'bounce in place' for individual tracks or 'replace all tracks' does not allow me to select what audio format I want. Neither does it appear to indicate what audio format it bounces to.The Export all Tracks does give you the option to select what format you want but then provides you with a bunch of individual audio tracks which I don't know how to stack together as in the original logic file so that they are all synchonised and I can play them all together or do simple editing, such as adjust volume of selected tracks as needed. David

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Try Export All Tracks as audio files. Then you can drag and drop them all in together at once right from the Finder into your Logic project and they will all be placed on new audio tracks. Line them all up to start at bar 1 and you're good to go. The only possible problem is that they may get placed vertically in alphabetical order rather than whatever custom order they may be arranged in in the Finder when you drag them in. I'm not certain though....

Okay, I gotta's ask: why do you need to do this? Is there any particular reason you need to convert your project to consolidated audio files on each track?

8. ceol

ceol New Member

Thanks Eli I ll try that. Re why I need all this. I am a songwriter and have recorded stuff in Logic. I need to record a demo of one of my songs and have completed and mixed all the tracks in logic. The final demo recording will be done in a recording studio but they cant work with logic and have asked me to give it to them in audio, either Wave or MP3. I could give them all the individual tracks in audio, and there is 34 tracks, but they would then have to spend time synchronising them all and then remixing them all over again. So, as you can see, what I was hoping I could do was just copy exactly what I had in Logic to audio which would be ready to go. David

9. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi David,

Export all tracks as audio files is what you want. When you use the Export all tracks as audio files in Logic, it renders each file from the very beginning of the project, even if there is no MIDI or audio data on the track. So each audio file is exactly the same length - the length of the entire project.This insures smooth importing into other DAWs.

You bring the studio the thirty four audio files. They bring them into the DAW they're using and line them all up to start at the beginning of the session/project. And all will be in sync.

10. ceol

ceol New Member

Hi Eli , I did as you said and it all worked as you predicted, to a point, ie, after exporting all tracks I got a load of individual wave files which I then dragged into the logic project and they all lined up correctly just as you say so there was no synch issue as I though there might be and it played fine. However, when I played it it was within Logic which the studio wont be able to use so I was stumped. Anyway your suggestion above appears to be the way forward. I ll just bring in a file containing all the individual 'wave' files and the studio can set them up in their system and work from there. I have to thank you very much for all your help. It was a lesson in good teaching and I hope all goes well for you in your own work. David

11. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey David,

Glad it's working out. All you need to bring them is the folder full of the individual wave files. The logic project itself that they are set up in won't be of any use to them if they are using a different DAW.

All modern DAWs allow for simple importing of multiple files at once. And placing them in the edit area all at once is usually also pretty straightforward.

Good luck, and have fun! :D