1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Bouncing, not a good idea...

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by tonocas, Jun 6, 2010.

1. tonocas

tonocas Member

I heard that bouncing is not a very good way to go, instead sending the output to a couple of new inputs is better, and then hit record.
    Any ideas ?

tonocas

3. leytonnz

leytonnz Senior member

try both and have a listen.
    organise it so you listen blind.

i bounce 100% of the time in logic. im happy.
    L

4. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

That's not good - care to explain a little more?

5. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Sorry, please forget my post - I was mistakenly posting into the wrong forum. I guess I had too many browser tabs open and my post concerned a thread that dealt with a completely different software that also uses "Track Bouncing" :)

6. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Ah - thanks for the explanation. No wonder I had not heard of that problem before....

7. tonocas

tonocas Member

Its not a problem, "experts" say that bouncing applies a certain compression to the mix, but if you record your outputs, the mix will sound better...any experiments?

TC

8. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Whoever these so called "experts" are, they are wrong, at least as far as bouncing in Logic is concerned. Compression will only be applied by the use of dynamic plugins such as the Ad limiter, compressor or any of several hundred Audio Units.

"Outputs" - are we talking OTB Mixing here? Opinions vary greatly as to the wisdom of mixing internally in Logic, in the computer using various other programmes such as HMB, MIO Console etc., or externally using analog mixing consoles or the various summing devices whoch have appeared over the last number of years.

regards

Mark