Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BPM problem

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by andych67, Feb 6, 2014.

1. andych67

andych67 New Member

my first post here, so hello and before i begin, thank you for your patience.

I use Logic X and i exported my project by accident in M4A format and sent it to a friend to overdub.Now his parts are out of sync with my BPM.:brkwl:

can anyone help me with this please?

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Send him another version in an audio format that contains tempo mapping/info...
  4. andych67

andych67 New Member

thanks for your reply but these recordings were a paid session and i cant get them done the tracks dont match my BPM.
  5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

But the difference is not too big, is it? And I hope you got full length audio files from the first to the last measure.

Your friend should have the .m4a file in his software. Ask him to bounce it as he bounced the recorded parts. This way you get an audio file of the playback he used and this is in sync with the new parts. Compare it with your project and get a clue where the differences are. Then think about the best way to bring yours and his parts together. Change yours, change his, adapt the tempo overall or for parts, use Logic’s Flex, Beatmapping (if you have MIDI tracks), whatever.

If the new parts are valuable and yours are more or less a pilot, think about using his part as a new "master". Maybe a tough job but Logic has a couple of ways to change the timing of audio and MIDI. If the differences aren't big, the project is not lost yet.