1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Bus assignments and importing project data

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by daveyboy, Mar 15, 2012.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

I think this has been covered but I couldn't find it. I assume this is a bug or "quirk" when one imports I/O assignments from the media browser. They come in OK, just not on the correct busses. I'm mixing a project this week and am doing a lot of importing settings so have gotten used to having to reassign things immediately. Also, not exactly related, when I have an aux in the mixer and go to add it to the arrange page is there a way to have it end up where I want it? Sorry if I'm braking forum protocol by asking 2 questions in one post:)
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Dave,

I have wrestled with both these problems/situations, and haven't found any reliable workaround. When importing tracks that include aux/busses from the import function in the file browser, the aux/bus I/Os do get all messed up. It's a drag. I try and avoid importing them if possible.

And yeah, Logic seems to have a mind of it's own when adding Aux tracks to the arrange Windows. If it is a sub group, it seems to try and place the Aux after the related tracks. But that's the closest I could determine to any cause and effect relationship to the placement.

I know in Pro Tools, it gets added immediately after the selected track. I haven't checked in Logic to determine if the selected track makes a difference in the Aux placement.
  4. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Thx Eli. I'm glad it's not just me. No, it doesn't seem to matter if you have a track selected in the arrange page. If anything it wants to put the Aux next to an existing aux sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yes, now that you mention it, I've noticed that too.