Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus names

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Antiphones, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Antiphones

Antiphones Member

I saw a Logic X tuitorial on youtube today and I noticed that the names of the effects each bus was sending to, were appearing in the channel strips in the send slot. All I get there is the bus number like "Bus 11" appearing to the left of the send knob. But on the video it said, Bricasti, Lexicon etc...

Anyone know how to make this happen? It would be a real time saver.

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Mixer local Options menu>I/O Labels

Attached Files:

4. paulnajar

paulnajar Senior member

As CSeye points out this way they are named permanently which may be good for your autoload template but there may be times when a specific bus does not feed a specific output or processing.

For this approach, if you open a new bus send on a channel strip, logic creates an aux fed by the bus. If you then name that aux strip, that name will also appear in the bus menu.

5. Antiphones

Antiphones Member

This is a great tip! I never knew I/O window existed, so useful!

6. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Excellent point!
    Renaming in the I/O Labels does make them permanent.

Renaming the aux affords more flexibility on a per Project basis.

Attached Files:

7. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Do your I/O labels work correctly? I gave up using them because mine don't work as they used to in earlier Logic versions.
  8. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I haven't noticed any issues with them. A typical set up would include sub-mix axes for drums, percussion, bass, guitars, synths, and a few sends effects, and a final aux just before the main out. Once labeled, they're just there.

Any particular behavior that you're noticing?
  9. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Yes. Not all I/O labels get stored permanently, sometimes I get unreadable stuff instead of names and sometimes Logic displays wrong labels in the channelstrip. So far I heard I am not the only one. Permissions repaired, nothing bad to see.
    So what ... I simply don't use this feature anymore ...
  10. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Very strange.

Your solution is very reasonable given what you describe.