1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 cabling for aggregation

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by shawnshawnt, Mar 1, 2011.

1. shawnshawnt

shawnshawnt New Member

cabling for arpeggiator

I have looked through the articles in the thread labeled arpeggiator and although vary informative I have a specific question I hope someone can help me with. I would like to cable a connection which would run the signal through the chord memorizer (recording the chords onto one track) then run a line from the chord memorizer output into the arpeggiator which would record individual (staircase) notes on another track simultaneously.
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Just did up a little example to demonstrate it. There are two possible scenarios. Neither will allow for recording the two processes discreetly to two separate tracks. I think the second scenario here might serve you better.

Here are the steps for the first version:

* Create and set up your chord memorizer and your arpeggiator objects in the Clicks and Ports layer of the Environment.

* Cable the Sum output of the Physical Input object into the Chord Memorizer.

* Cable the output of the chord memorizer into the arpeggiator.

* Option click on the output node of the arpeggiator and connect it to the instrument you want arpeggitaed after the chord harmonization.

* Option click on the second output node of the chord memorizer and cable it to the instrument you want capturing the chords only.

* Note: Logic's transport must be in either play or record for the arpeggiator to work.

* This will work in playback mode only. AFAIK, iIt isn't possible to record the two different processes to the two different tracks simultaneously.

Scenario 2:

* Create those same chord memorizer and arpeggiator objects in the regular Mixer layer of the Environment. Leave the Clicks and Ports as is.

* Cable the output of the chord memorizer into the instrument you want playing the chords only.

* Cable the second output of the chord memorizer into the arpeggiator.

* Cable the output of the arpeggiator into the instrument you want playing the broken up chords.

* Create a track in the Arrange Window with the chord memorizer as the track object.

* Play and record on this track. When the transport is in Play or Record mode it will execute what you want faithfully. But it will only record a single region containing the trigger notes. Although it will play back faithfully.

Beyond this, my brain starts to hurt :))

Attached Files:

4. shawnshawnt

shawnshawnt New Member

thanks (cabling for arpeggiator)

thank you very much.