1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Can anyone explain this??

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by CAFan, Apr 22, 2014.

1. CAFan

CAFan New Member

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and have a few questions about some issues I'm having with Logic Express 9. I use a Mac mini as my studio computer and I use an Apogee Duet as my interface.

On one of my project songs when I open the song it takes several minutes and a box appears that states "creating overview for track ____" and in that space is whatever track it is focusing on. This is a huge time waster and very annoying. Can anyone explain how I can stop this from happening???

Also, on another song when I try to edit parts out of a track and I highlight the part I want to remove and then hit 'delete', the rest of the track that is after the deleted part moves forward. How do I stop this from happening so I can simply delete parts of the track and leave the rest of the track in tact and where it is supposed to be in the song?

Also, I recently increased the latency because I started getting pops and crackles in my tracks when recording. This seemed to help eliminate this problem. AND I'm recording in Logic Express 9 but saving my files to 2 separate external hard drives to free up memory on my mac mini's hard drive.

I greatly appreciate any help with these issues!!
    THANKS!!!