Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Can Generic Environment Transformer data control Track automation?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Steven Rowat, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Steven Rowat

Steven Rowat New Member

Hi,

Greetings Luggers. I'm stuck on an unexpected automation problem and have a musician coming this afternoon, so I'm working hard on it. Any help appreciated:

Overview:
    I set up a logic 7.2 environment so that my generic control surface (M-audio Radium) nicely controls various buses and tracks and plug-ins.

Unfortunately, track automation does not record these fader movements.

Automation is otherwise working normally: if I move the same fader with my mouse (in "Touch" mode), automation is recorded. But if I move the fader, via my midi setup (still in "Touch" mode), using my hardware fader, no automation is recorded.

I used Environment transformers because the "Learn Midi" function seems too flakey (I can't get consistent results with it from my generic controller); whereas the Environment transformers work exactly right - except automation isn't written.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

You can use your transformer, just set the dropdown menu to Track automation splitter:

[​IMG]

4. Steven Rowat

Steven Rowat New Member

Hi Peter,

As usual you provide stunning service. :). Yes, now it works perfectly. Just in the nick of time (appointment in 45 minutes.) What more can I ask for?

Good to be back on the LUG again!

:hippy:

s.r.