Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Can I store Zoom factor?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Roger Jackson, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Roger Jackson

Roger Jackson Member

I am used to being able to store the zoom setting of a window in a screenset, but whenever I go to sample edit for a quick and dirty adjustment, it comes up too big. I had hoped to be able to set this with a screenset too, but appaz not. Anyone got any genius ideas? I guess I could just open it in another window...

Roger Jackson
    Film Music
    OXFORD UK

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Roger,

Have you tried the assigning key commands for storing and recalling the three preset zoom levels that are available? Here is a screen shot (with my own custom key command assignments)

Attached Files:

4. Roger Jackson

Roger Jackson Member

Yeah, Eli - I'm being really picky and lazy ;-) The preset zooms only work in the active window, so when I dbl click a region to open it S.E. I'm still in arrange. So you then have to click in the S.E. window and make the zoom adjustments. - One of those things that hits when you're on a project with lots of that same job!
    My best (and pretty good!) workaround ATM is to make a new screenset with a separate (detatched) S.E. window with zooms pre-set.
    I can't believe I'm complaining about this! :) Thanks for thinking about it anyways...

Roger Jackson
    Film Music
    OXFORD UK

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

I think that's probably the best solution. I find the behavior of the sample edit window erratic as well when double clicking on an audio file in the Arrange Window. The area that opens up in the display seems to be dependent on odd variables. Where the playhead is, how many regions are on the track; what part of the regions are visible in the arrange Window, wether you've scrolled manually in the SE previously in the same project, etc. etc. Often times it seems like the catch clock icon defaults to disabled in the SE. It can be fairly inelegant at times.