Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't erase repeat signs with eraser tool

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Antaren, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Antaren

Antaren Member

Hi:

Just starting using Logic X coming from 6. In the score window, I can use the eraser tool to erase notes, but not repeat signs, and I'm trying to erase a repeat sign. Any help appreciated.

Karen

P.S. Jay, I just purchased your book from Amazon. Looking forward to it!

3. Antaren

Antaren Member

I think I found out. I can't have the repeat sign highlighted in the part box. When I highlight something else, I can use the erase tool. Maybe there's an easier way, but this works.

Karen

4. Antaren

Antaren Member

And I've found that it has nothing to do with the repeat sign highlighted. I just have to be more exact where I put the eraser tool.

Karen

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yes, I have found that erasing score objects like that (double bar lines in my case) can be very finicky. You have to click in exactly the right place. And it invariably involves several clicks until you hit the sweet spot.

6. Antaren

Antaren Member

Thanks Eli. It's good to know that it's not just me! I got more proficient with the eraser tool the more I used it. Still, sometimes took more than 1 click, but at least I got it to work. I was starting to think longingly about handwriting scores with a pencil!

Karen

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

No matter how bad it is, it's still way better than writing parts out by hand. At least with regards to my hand written parts :D

8. Antaren

Antaren Member

Ha-Ha-Ha! Hopefully I won't have too many of these kinds of moments: :brkwl:

Karen

9. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

The signature list shows all your double bars, repeat signs, etc. Might be an easier way to delete such.

10. Antaren

Antaren Member

I'll check out the signature list. I didn't know it existed. Thanks, Doug.

11. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member