1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 can't hunt down a key command...

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by CowboyTakeTwo, Nov 7, 2009.

1. CowboyTakeTwo

CowboyTakeTwo New Member

there's a key command to nudge region length left/right by X. is there one to do the same thing with the start of the region? it would be like moving the start point left/right (but the anchor and audio doesn't move). thanks.
  3. CowboyTakeTwo

CowboyTakeTwo New Member

i just figured out i can set the region start to the playhead. still takes 2 key commands, but better than nothin...
  4. CowboyTakeTwo

CowboyTakeTwo New Member

nope, that's not gonna work. just realized i wanted to do this while i'm playing a cycle with the region inside, so the playhead will be cruising through.
  5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Not for the region start alone. You can move the whole region first and then change the length accordingly. Works for just a few units, at least as long as you can remember the number of hits you do for the region start because you have to repeat them for the length.

I have the movement set to alt-arrow left/right and the length to alt-shift-arrow left/right. The Key Commands "... by Nudge Value" are the preferred Key Commands for that.
  6. Ginger

Ginger Member

these four key commands may be helpful in some situations:

•Set Region/Event/Marquee Start to Playhead Position,
    Set Region Start to Bar
    Trim Region Start to Previous Transient
    Trim Region Start to Next Transient.

Similar key commands exist for editing region end.