Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 cant play guitar on keyboard?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Duncan Mac1oud, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Duncan Mac1oud

Duncan Mac1oud New Member

Hi
    I've recently started teaching myself logic with the help of the apple pro training series.
    Im on the second lesson now, its teaching me to record...
    its told me to open a new channel as a 'Bright acoustic guitar', which I have done, thinking i'd be able to play the guitar through my midi keyboard... but nothing??
    if I select EXS drums channel, Or EVP piano, my keyboard plays the notes.. but nothing on the guitar??
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    Regards
    Duncan

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Does the instrument actually load up?

Do you have it assigned to the correct output?

Can you play it with the key caps keyboard?

:confused:

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Make sure you are loading it onto a software instrument track. On an audio track, the guitar settings just call up a series of effects plug-ins designed to process an audio file of a guitar recording.

5. Duncan Mac1oud

Duncan Mac1oud New Member

Hi, thanks for speedy reply,
    Ye I think the software instrument track is where I'm going wrong!
    I've just followed instructions and assumed(I know, one should never) that I can play a guitar sound through the keyboard.
    The text book is not very clear on this sort of thing, according to my understanding the only hardware I'd need to complete the "course" was a midi keyboard??
    I think it covered software and other instruments in lesson one somewhere, I'll investigate further tonight and update ASAP!
    Thanks again
    Regards
    Duncan

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

You _can_ play a guitar sound from your midi keyboard. The midi keyboard _is_ the only controller necessary. Just make sure you have an instrument loaded up on a software instrument track and that it is selected in the Arrange Window. Then whatever sounds you have loaded up on that channel strip will be triggered by your keyboard.