Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X CC7 and automation

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Jay Denson, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Jay Denson

Jay Denson Senior member

Hi - I hope everyone is well :beer:.

Please can someone explain the connection between CC7 drawn in MIDI Draw and the track automation on regions. Both have an effect on the fader but do not appear to be interactive which I would expect them to be.

I have checked CC7/10 controls Volume/Pan of channel strip objects in MIDI settings.

As it stands I don't know which is overriding which. I wish they would be reflected visibly in each other which would make life simpler.

I have another problem: namely, CC data entered in MIDI Draw starting at the leading edge of the region in question doesn't always get picked up - even if I start rolling a second or so before the region start. Often I have to change the value of the same CC at the very end of the previous region to the value it's going to be in the next - if you see what I mean. If there isn't an empty space at the end of the preceding region for me to do this I will make one by minutely shortening the last note in that region. It's an annoying thing - is there a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Jay