Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Changing more than one performance in L9

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Uwe Rodi, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

Hi together,
    I use Logic for live playing. Therefor I the arrange to a "No Output"-Track and I have cabled my "Physical Input" in the enviroment over some cable switches and transformers to my channel strips.
    Now the problem:
    I use two channelstrips for a layer sound (1st Piano with True Piano Plug-in on channel 7, 2nd EVP88 on Channel 1). I noticed that Logic can only handle performance changes via channel 1. So I put a transformer infront of the Piano Channelstrip which transforms program chnges from channel 7 to 1. If I send now two program changes, one on channel 7 and one on channel 1 only the first of them will change the corresponding strip. If I send only one of them the strip changes.
    I had the same problem in L8 and L7.
    Does anyone has a solution or a workaround?
    Greetings Uwe

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

If I understand you right, you send one Program Change from a controller and generate the second one in the environment? Then you may run into the problem that Logic accepts Performance Changes only from the outside, not from within Logic. Try to send the second PC to the IAC bus and collect it again at the IAC input of the Physical Input Object. Then it comes definitely from the outside and the channelstrip should react.

If this is not the problem ... I did not understand your problem ;)

Yes: Mainstage.
    (not a joke!)

4. Uwe Rodi

Uwe Rodi Member

Hi Peter,
    both Program Changes come from outside. I send them with my master-keyboard (doepfer LMK4) There are two seperate split zones which send the PCs on different channels.

And to your solution Mainstage:
    I hoped, that with Mainstage 2 I could realize my setups but I can´t. There are two main problems:
    1.) I use the Masterkeyboard with it´s 8 split zones plus a Clavia Norld Electro. I want to play the Electro over the LMK (especially for 2 Manual Organ playing one the nord itself and the other manual from LMK).
    On another song I want to play som softsynths with the nord and other softsynths with the LMK.
    The controller filter as well as the controller transformers are limited to Controller 1, 2, 7 and 11. I use for example controller 29 from the nord to change the send of an input object.
    When I now make some changes with my tonewheels the softsynth changes its sound.
    2) I only have a one port midi interface with a merger in front. Mainstage cannot diffentiate from where the midi message comes from.

Greetings Uwe