Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing song key in project

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Earl Wilson, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Earl Wilson

Earl Wilson New Member

I am unable to bring samples from the loop library into a project and change the key as indicated at the bottom of the loop window...I try a new key...C# for example and the sample comes in in the original key...what am I missing?

3. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

I guess you talk about the popup menu at the bottom of the Loop Browser Window that is labeled "Play In".

The selection only determines in what key the Apple Loop is played back that you click on in the Loop Browser. Once you drag the Apple Loop into your Project it follows (changes) to the Project KeyKey of your Project.
  4. Earl Wilson

Earl Wilson New Member

I've reset the key in the project to see what happens when I bring in the loop and the loop stays in the same key as it was in the browser. It does not change even if I reset the key in the project. So, the loop only plays in one key no matter what I do. I was under the impression that you could change the key of the loop since you can change it in the browser? There must be something I'm not doing.

Thanks for your help.
  5. EdgarRothermich

EdgarRothermich Senior member

After you drag the Apple Loop (I assume it is a blue Audio Apple Loop) to your Project, on a Track Lane, select that Audio Region and see in the Region Inspector to the left if the "Follow Tempo & Pitch" is enabled, which should be by default for Apple Loops (which have set their parameter to "looped" and not the "one-shot")
  6. Earl Wilson

Earl Wilson New Member

I checked the Follow box and nothing changed....and I unchecked it and nothing changed. in the attached image you can see that the Play In Key[ F#] is different than the Key in the browser [E].
    Am I not doing something?