Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Tempo on one track?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by ncurtis, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ncurtis

ncurtis Member

A friend has given me a track to remix and here's the deal:

The drums were on a drum machine so now exist in the project as an Audio track. There are then layered vocals and bass and guitar. The tempo was left at 120.
    I want to replace the drums and re-write the drum track with MIDI drums - Superior Drummer. When I set up the BPM counter on that drum track the tempo of the song is at 110 BPM.

If I start programming a rhythm, it is, of course at 120 BPM and out of time with the rest.

How can I set the tempo of my new drum track at 110 BPM without changing the tempo of the rest of the tracks.

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

I guess your friend has recorded Audio tracks using some default Project tempo 120. However the Audio matches 110 BPM right? If yes you have to make a Beat Mapping in Logic beforehand after that you draw MIDI etc.
    Google "Logic Beat Mapping" or refer to the documentation.
  4. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Quick way out of this would be to select All, Lock SMPTE position, change the tempo to 110 and Unlock SMPTE again. These commands are found in the Functions menu on the Arrange page.
  5. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Or you could simply "shrink" the 120 bpm drum audio region to fit the 110 bpm arrangement. (cut the region to start exactly on the first drum beat, make sure this drum beat is spot on timing-wise, alt-drag the end of the drums audio region to fit it in.)