1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 changing tempo

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by absolute50, Feb 20, 2011.

1. absolute50

absolute50 New Member

I have logic 9 and i remember in the review i read that i could change tempo without my audio tracks falling behind the drumbeat,been searching logic help for this facility,any help much appreciated.
  3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

You might need to be a bit more specific about what you're doing and what you want to do that won't work now. That said, if you use drum loops from the loop browser, they should follow tempo changes because they're Apple loops which adjust to the tempo as required. If you're using a different kind of drum source, you might have a more complicated answer. HTH
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Check out "flex time" in the manual if you want regular audio files in Logic to follow tempo changes.
  5. absolute50

absolute50 New Member

Thanks for replies i had been looking at flex time before i posted this but thought i would save time by finding answer from anyone who had already been there.
    I don,t use midi i use ultrabeat and esx24 for drums and strings and the rest is all audio,i was using logic 4.7 for last 6 years and it was such a pain to go and record a whole song at different tempo if i suspected it was slow or fast.
    I did suspect that for logic 9 that flex time was the answer will need to check if you need to set it up before recording,i did get a box up and and changed instruments tempo individually so i think i,m getting there,cheers for replies.
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Leave your Ultrabeat and EXS 24 tracks alone. Put your audio tracks into Flex's "slice" mode. You do this after you record. With all your audio tracks in slicing mode, you should be able to move the tempo freely and have it follow.

That's the big picture. The small print though is that you may need to go in and manually adjust some of the transient markers established by the Flex time transient detection algorithm. But in practice, if you're just moving things +/- a few BPM, and you are not dealing with sustained sounds as audio (like cymbals), you should be fine without having to mess around too much.
  7. absolute50

absolute50 New Member

Thanks for that will try sounds good