Logic Pro 9 Changing the tempo

jayfolland

Logician
Hi,

I had some Audio files that were recorded in logic, Around 122BPM.
SO I imported them into a new session which I wanted to be around 141BPM.
So once I imported them I the selected each file to be at it's "original record position", then I activated elastic audio and changed the tempo, All was good, everything was in time no worries. Is this the best way? (Or should I of changed the session to the original tempo then selected follow tempo in the inspector, correct me if I'm wrong but I think the elastic Audio has less artifacts?)

My main problem is, I then needed another file later on in the session, but the only way I could figure out how to adjust that file to the tempo was-Create another session and do the same as I did above and then bounce that file then import it into my current session? But creating another session and doing that is really time consuming, there must be an easier way?

Thanks,
Jay

My main problem is, I then needed another file later on in the session, but the only way I could figure out how to adjust that file to the tempo was-Create another session and do the same as I did above and then bounce that file then import it into my current session? But creating another session and doing that is really time consuming, there must be an easier way?

That's more or less what I do. I think there have been bugs coming and going regarding Flex and changing the tempo, so I have been rather confused by seemingly different behaviours. The most bulletproof seems to be to import into a project at the same tempo as the original and bounce, or else temporarily change the tempo of your new project to the original, import the audiofile, then Flex it and change the tempo back to the new one.

After flexing I will often do a bounce. Due to the aforementioned occasional buggyness which may or may not have been sorted, I find that doing a bounce gives me more confidence even though it consumes time.

Upvote 0
Back