1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Chaning tempo without chaning audio

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Arey, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Arey

Arey New Member

Hey guys, i'm sorry for asking this relatively noob question, but my searches found nothing helpful.
    I have a simple problem, i imported some (45) tracks in my project, started mixing, but found out i need the tempo sync on some things. Normally i just turn off the sync and do it manually, but this time i need it to be synced.
    If i change the tempo of the project, all my tracks go haywire. I don't exactly know what happens, but it's a pain. All i want is to change tempo, so i can record MIDI on additional tracks and get it synced, and i want my audio files to stay exactly the same.

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

If you want to change tempo and have your audio remain unchanged, try disabling the "follow tempo" parameter in the region parameter box for each of the audio regions. You should be able to select and change them all at once.

But I'm not really sure how this is going to allow you to sync your MIDI with the audio. But in any case, the Follow Tempo parameter should answer the question you are asking. You might also try locking all the regions to their smpte positions before changing the tempo.
  4. Arey

Arey New Member

Sorry for superlate reply. I had a cracked Logic, and didn't want to ask more stuff before buying it, since it might have been problem in pirated program. Now i have purchased it from App store, and unchecking "follow tempo" box still does not help. :/
  5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Good that you went legal.....Now how about creating a signature that tells people your tech specs?

And, to try to answer your question, go back to the original tempo and SMPTE lock all your audio regions. Then change your tempo.

It's hard to give advice when you describe the problem as "going haywire". Do the regions change location? (SMPTE lock could fix that). Do they disappear, change pitch, play backwards? A better description can help provide a better answer.