1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Channel Strip Settings Question

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by grr88, Jan 29, 2016.

1. grr88

grr88 New Member

Howdy.I have noticed that the only channel strip settings I have showing are my own (both settings and performances) and Legacy. When I look at HD>Library>Application Support>Logic> I see 16 folders and sub-folders of settings. Seems I have all the .cst files I need but the newer channel strip settings just don't show up.

I can load Logic instruments and all my AU plugins via the Instrument box but I'm wondering if I should be seeing more Settings besides my own and the Legacy menu. If so, how to get them to show up?
    Ch Strips.jpg
    Logic Pro X 10.2.1, Westmere 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-core MacPro 20GB RAM
    OS 10.9.5
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Interesting. I also noticed that I only had Legacy Channel Strip Settings, but I have nothing in my Channel Strip Settings folder newer than 2010, so I assumed there was nothing new. What are the dates on your 16 folders? I thought I had installed everything when I installed X...
  4. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I just checked. You're right. They're not appearing in the Settings pop up.
    Click to the left of Settings. This will open the Channel Strips library.

Attached Files:

• Y.png
      File size:
      46.1 KB
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  5. grr88

grr88 New Member

Sonny, The Channel Strip Settings folder is March 1, 2010.
    The Track folder within that one is June 12, 2009.
    I'd have thought the Alchemy Samples folder (MacintoshHD>Library>Application Support>Logic>Alchemy Samples) would be very new but it is June 3, 2015. I have confirmed that I am indeed running Logic 10.2.1

Perhaps there never were Channel Strip Settings besides "Legacy"? I could have sworn there were. By the way, I have noticed this absence before the latest upgrade.
  6. grr88

grr88 New Member

CSeye, Thank you. So the Library "drawer" must be used to access these settings. I never knew that little trick of clicking to the left of the Settings button. We can then add whichever ones we wish as a setting which will show up on our Settings list. I believe I have it now.
  7. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

gr88, You can click to the left of: Settings, MIDI Fx, audio inserts, and the Instrument insert.
    Looks like Apple wants us to use the Library drawer.
  8. grr88

grr88 New Member

I wonder where the files pointing to the drawer are located. Some of the settings look very much like the Legacy settings.
  9. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

In the location you point to in your initial post, look for a folder labeled "Patches".
    Patches are much more flexible than the old Channel Strips settings.

Mercifully, user patches and channel strip presets are stored in your OSX Music folder>Audio Music Apps. Incredibly convenient.
  10. grr88

grr88 New Member

Aha, I see. Thank you very much.