1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 chords jumping out of line

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by peterlemer, Jan 24, 2010.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

During my first score session in L9 I was entering chord symbols - once entered I then selected them ( via the parameter box) all and aligned them vertically between the staves of a piano part.
    About 5% of the chords settled /above/ the treble clef.

When I manually dragged them down to align with the others, there was an asterix in the parameter box so I shift/dragged again to unify the value.

The same chords jumped out of the middle and back up to the top.

Has this been discussed?

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Check in the Event List and make sure that the chords are associated with the correct bar/beat that you want.

Sometimes when inserting them manually in the score editor, you can place them where they look good, but are inadvertantly tied to different positions than intended.

If you find they are incorrectly positioned, correct them in the Event List. Then aligning them vertically and/or horizontally should work fine.
  4. David51

David51 Senior member

I have a similar problem in the score. When I try to place a user slur it always jumps out of the place I dragged it to, repeatably. Any fixes for this?
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

When you are placing it, is the info tag showing the correct bar/beat position? Or are you just doing it visually? Because sometimes there is a discrepancy between what "looks" right and where Logic is actually placing it.
  6. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Could be that they are associated with the wrong clef, if it's a piano part and they are between the clefs, they must all either be clef 2 and above the bass clef, or clef 1 and below it.

Eli is right, check the event list, the "ch" should be the same for all the chords.
  7. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Eli, good thinking, but in this case the chords are in the right place, timewise.

Pete, you're right, the odd chords were different channels. This surprises me as I've entered zillions of chords in trillions of piano scores and have never seen this behaviour except, perhaps, when i've channelised treble and bass clefs. In this case there has been no channelisation.
    Have I simply been lucky over the years, or this ( relatively) new behaviour in Logic?

8. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I've been putting chords on lead sheets for years and specifically I've a bunch of transcription projects both recently and currently... I don't ever recall this behavior......
  9. David51

David51 Senior member

Thanks Eli, I should keep that in mind, you got it right. I was doing it visually.