Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Click

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by jabo, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jabo

jabo Member

Hey Guys -
    What's the best way to create a click track?
    Thanks.
    Jabo

3. jussy

jussy New Member

Turn on the metronome in the transport bar- an AU called Klopfgeist will sound, playing live....

4. jabo

jabo Member

Appreciate the feedback. I guess I should have been more clear in my question. What I need is a recordable click track, to actually make a click track for the session. Thanks.

5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

You can record the Klopfgeist click but maybe you prefer to make your own. Just put some MIDI notes in a region and trigger a software instrument of your choice. Or use a loop that grooves a bit, depending on the type of music. The steady mechanical click is not always the best. Then, preferably, record a couple of measures to an audio track and duplicate them there.

If you have tempo changes and a fixed arrangement, you can make an instrument click for the whole piece and record it to an audio track. I don't know exactly why, but I always prefer an audio click. It is easy to make, you just send the instrument to a bus and on an audio track you record from this bus.