1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Color Saturation Bug

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by mnigro, Aug 3, 2009.

1. mnigro

mnigro New Member

I don;t know if anyone has experienced that, but since LP8, and now with LP9, once and a while something happens in the Arrange: as the playhead goes forward the object and locator colors gain more and more "saturation" (see fig. below). I've never figured out what's triggering that bug and I didn't found any information on-line about that. The only solution: restar the machine.

I'm using a Mac Pro 2.8 Dual QuadCore, 2 displays, 8 GB RAM.

Doen anybody knows why it happens?

Marcio Nigro

Attached Files:

3. Howie Roxx

Howie Roxx Member

Maybe it has is something to do with your video card.

4. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Never seen that.
    But hey, if the borders wouldn't be blurred and the lighter colors stable, I would like the feature!
  5. mnigro

mnigro New Member

Yeah. Probably a ATI bug.

6. kcmoore

kcmoore New Member

I've experienced this same behaviour since LP8... I've always assumed it a low memory bug as it only seemed to happen with large complex projects, it's happened quite a bit in 9.
  7. Eli

Eli Senior member

I know this probably isn't it - but it kinda almost looks like you have a marquee selection on some of the tracks in the cycle zone.
  8. kcmoore

kcmoore New Member

Hi Eli... AFAIK it's not related to the marquee tool, only seems to happen when Logic or Exs is maxed out near to it's 3.5 to 4 gig limit ( I have "Menu Meters" running)
  9. Eli

Eli Senior member

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you change your monitor resolution; or run off of only one display? Does the anomaly change in any way?
  10. kcmoore

kcmoore New Member

Will give it a try next time it happens.
  11. mnigro

mnigro New Member

Nope. Restarting is the only way.