1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Combining audio and video for uTube

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by chalkncheese, May 19, 2016.

1. chalkncheese

chalkncheese Member

Hello

I have an audio recording plus a separate video of a band performance, how do I combine them to produce ab audio/visual clip suitable to put on uTube? Logic Pro can combine in the application so the two can be sync'd but I don't think it can then 'save as' or 'bounce' or 'export anything that suits. Any advice welcome ... thanks and regards

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I haven't tried it, but what about this:

Logic-Pro-XScreenshot001.png

4. chalkncheese

chalkncheese Member

Thanks, at first glance that seems to have worked!! I thought I had tried it before so I ignored it thinking I would have to get some third party gear .. many thanks

5. chalkncheese

chalkncheese Member

... spoke too soon... it just includes the awful audio that came with the video camera that I am trying to replace with the far better audio recording ... thanks anyway ...

6. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I haven't exported audio to video since Logic 9, but when I did I used to get a window before the export that asked which audio I wanted to include; it was vague, and it took some experimenting to learn that I should un-highlight the Audio Track that was highlighted, as THAT was the original audio that I DIDN'T want to include. Does that window no longer appear, or did you get suckered by it like I did the first four or five times I tried it?

7. madelefant

madelefant Senior member

Import the movie track to Logic. It will ask you about extracting the audio. Do this. Then delete that audio (it is imported on to a track). That is the audio of the video. Make sure this is within the logic project of the new audio. Make sure you have a spot where you can line up the better recorded audio with the video. Then, when you have fixed your mix, you select export to movie. It creates a new movie. It sometimes asks you about exporting the original audio track (the one you don't want) when exporting. Deselect this if asked.

Mike