1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Comping some vocals for a friend...

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by turnstyle, Mar 1, 2011.

1. turnstyle

turnstyle New Member

I want to import several audio files into a blank logic to comp for a singer,

is there anyway I can group separate audio files into one track so I can comp it easily and accurately.

please help!! :)
  3. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

Pack them into a Take Folder.
  4. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

To add a bit of detail to Jay's comments: Select all the audio tracks you want to make into a comp, and pack into a take folder (the command the arrange menus under the region menu/folders).
  5. pcopeland

pcopeland New Member

Pack Folder VS Take Folder

Packing a folder will simply place regions onto one 'track', but you will not be able to compile the files. Do this. Create a new audio track. With the replace X button disabled (on the transport), record a short blank audio region. Then record another one. The goal is to create a blank take folder on the new audio track. One you have a 'silent' take folder, simply drag you vocal audio regions onto the 'silent' comp region. Viola. Each region you drag will become part of the take folder. Comp away.
  6. EastWest Lurker

EastWest Lurker Senior member

I am sorry to contradict you, but that is simply wrong. The procedure George described in the post just before yours allows you to swipe comp.
  7. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

There is a difference between a regular folder and a take folder...