1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

component filing

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by peterlemer, Mar 22, 2015.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

how much does it matter where my plugin components live, in /library or ~/library?

Would it hurt to put them all in the same place?

pete

3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

To my knowledge the components path is:

Local Disk/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Or you are asking for something else?

4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

It's just that I noticed I had ARC2 in both Local Disk/Library/Audio Plug-ins/Components and ~/Library/Audio Plug-ins/Components

I've been having some problems since upgrading to Yosemite, especially with Logic Pro, and once i trashed one of the AR2 components, life got a bit easier - but then I noticed some other duplications. There's an Apple page which tells me that components can live in either location, depending on developer. I'd just like to get a bit more control over this aspect

pete

5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

Those in /library are available to all user accounts while those in ~/library are only available to the user that owns that account. Put them all in the first folder unless there is a reason to stop some users accounts from using them.

6. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

thanks bayswater. As I'm the only one to use this mac, it doesn;t matter which library i use but... there will most probably be a problem if the same plugin lives in each location

pete