Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Compound time metronome settings

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Christopher Pratt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. This is not the first time I've asked this question but no-one has answered it.
    How do I get the "crotchets per minute" control in the arrange window to register "dotted rhythms" as in 6/8 with three quavers to a beat rather than two as in simple time.
    Every time I record in compound time I have to do a conversion so that to get 50 dotted crotchet beats per minute I have to have 75 crotchet beats in the control window.

My top window will thus read 75.0000 6/8.

I'm sure I'm being totally thick but nothing in the metronome control seems to allow compound time.

Does it??
  3. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

4. Thanks- brilliant!
    SO- just to clarify- if I set the groupings as you describe, the metronome setting at the top of the Arrange Window will accurately describe the speed of the "dotted" note beat?
    E.g. Metronome 75 in 6/8 will represent 225 quavers per min? If it doesn't then only 1/2 the problem has been solved!
    PLEEEEEZE say it does! It's one of the very few amateurish aspects of Logic Pro!
    What new treats are there in 10.2.2.
    I've downloaded it.
  5. Jay Asher

Jay Asher Senior member

1/2 solved then.
  6. Half a loaf is better than no bread!! At least the click pulse is now correct! Just have to keep doing the 3 x "n" divided by 2 conversion [where "n"= number of quavers per compound beat.]
    Just offends my sense of logic.
    Thanks so much for your response!!