Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 compressor on master surround busses?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by seffro, Jan 30, 2013.

1. seffro

seffro New Member

Im a noob to Logic and surround mixing. I am wondering how can I insert a limiter that would limit all the surround outputs at the same time. Sort of like when you limit the stereo bus of a main mix to make it louder.
    I cant seem to figure out how to view each output in the mixer either. I would like to be able to do stuff to each output like control lowpass on the sub output.
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

When running a surround mix in logic, you can/should insert summing processors in the master output channel.

kind regards

4. seffro

seffro New Member

OK that works, I was just wondering if I could process each output separately.
  5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure how well this would work, but why not create output channel strips for each individual output and use seperate processors on them?

kind regards

6. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Logic also has a surround version of the compressor, limiter, and EQ if you set all your faders to surround, and your master fader to a surround fader.

I LOVE doing surround stuff, when I have my system setup for it. Much fun. The drag is making a custom DVD to listen anywhere else. Too much work ;-)