1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 constantly getting System overload message

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by indris, Nov 27, 2012.

1. indris

indris New Member

I keep getting the error message
    System Overload.
    The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time.
    i have a project where i use a plugin softsampleplayer w moderate use of memory but get this all the time.
    The same happens when i am in rewire with Reason.
    If i put high, average or low values in the buffer size doesn´t seem to matter a lot..
    Sometimes it comes up with a detected sample-rate close to but not exactly 44100.
    Anybody w the same kind of problems?

i have 2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo OSX 10.8.2, MOTU mkII FW soundcard, Latest locig Pro update (9.1.8) and latest version 2.0.7 of UVI Workstation softsampleplayer
  3. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

How much ram do you have?
    Are you in 32 or 64 bit mode?
  4. indris

indris New Member

i Have 4 G RAM and since logic is 9.1.8 i guess its running authomaticly in 64 bit.
    (in the info window in finder 32 is not hooked)
  5. afavreau

afavreau Senior member

You should keep Activity Monitor opened and monitor how much ram, cpu and Hd is being used when Logic is open.

I suspect not enough ram.
  6. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Check here
    Also try selecting an empty audio track with no plugin on it and with no Input monitoring on during playback. Avoid using background apps running. If your sample are on realtime streaming, putting them on a different drive than your system drive would also help. Freezing or Bouncing in place a track may also help