Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X converted to mac

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by GRAVITY, Sep 25, 2015.

1. GRAVITY

GRAVITY New Member

Hello any body, I've been a PC user for years. Running Sonar on one machine using XP and Giga Studio on another using XP. All discontinued software but they run flawless every day. I bought the NEW Mac Pro 6 a year ago for Final cut Pro. But ended up with a DIGI 02 a few weeks ago a friend threw away (he thought it was broke) so I bought LOGIC PRO and have started my journey becoming a MAC MAN. The only problem I have is I own a massive sample library in GiGa format and use the sounds religiously. I found a nifty thing called G PLAYER which has aloud me to keep the files in use in this endeavor however Logic doesn't see my midisport 8x8 so I can continue using multi ports . I only see MOTU has a midi 128 that is supposed to work but there seems to be issues with MAVERICKS with both these units. Any suggestions on how to get multi ports going with this machine. Here's what I got. MAC PRO running OS X 10.9.5 /16 gigs of ram /a 3.5 GHz 6 core intel Xeon ES /256 SSD hard drive / also use the DIGI 02 ( had to rig it to work with a thunderbolt to firewire 800 adapter and then a 800 to 400 firewire cable) It works!!! Midi sport 8x8 NOTHING!!!

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

First of all, welcome to the world of Mac and Logic Pro X.

Do you have Mac OSX drivers for the Midisport 8x8 that are compatible with Mavericks?
    Is your Midisport appearing in the Mac OSX Audio MIDI Setup utility? If not, then you have a driver issue.

The Midisport is an old unit stretching back to the days of OS9.

The huge benefit of a MOTU device is that they keep older drivers available to registered users as well as staying current with the latest version of OSX.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  4. GRAVITY

GRAVITY New Member

Yea the audio site only has drivers for the 2x2 and 4x4 anniversary issue. Mavericks seems to be an issue a lot. Read the same stuff about someone upgrading to Mavericks with logic 9 and motion midi 128 and the express xt and have sticky notes and drop outs. Still researching. May need to abandon th 8x8 and get two 4x4's. Or bite the bullet and get a MOTU

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Here's something to consider...
    You have a new Mac Pro that will last you for many years.
    A question you have to ask yourself is how many years into the near future when a Midisport 2x2 or 4x4 will no longer be supported.

I have a non-bus powered MOTU Micro Express, the original model, purchased in 2005. The printed manual is for Mac OS 9 and some version of Windows. At this point, I can log into my MOTU account, download current drivers for the latest version of Mac OSX, and connect this old piece of hardware to my 2012 Mac Mini.

6. GRAVITY

GRAVITY New Member

Ok......I start shopping for a motu. Thanks