1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 copied audio instrument region is not audible on several tracks

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by sebpalmer, Aug 13, 2015.

1. sebpalmer

sebpalmer New Member

I've copied a bass line that's playing on an audio-instrument (garage band upright bass) over onto another audio instrument track. I've shifted the part up an octave, and assigned the other audio track to a garage band guitar sound (muted elec guit).

The copied part is audible if I move it over onto some other audio instrument tracks (e.g. the Rhodes keys track), but not the one on which I've assigned the guitar sound. The audio instrument track in question is NOT muted in the arrange window or the track header or the mixer, and it IS assigned to 'stereo-out'.

I've erased all automation data in the whole piece, in case something was keeping the sound down that way, but still I get no sound... que pasa?

Pic of arrange area etc attached. Thanks in advance for any help proffered.

3. sebpalmer

sebpalmer New Member

Oops! First time I've posted a pic on a thread here, and I posted the wrong pic. So, here's the right one:

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Is it possible that Logic didn't find the samples when you called up that Guitar sound? Were you prompted with ay messages about missing samples when you instantiated it? Also, it's unlikely, but could there be a MIDI channel mismatch? Your screen shot shows that the Guitar instrument is set to MIDI channel 1. Is the MIDI data in the region on channel 1 as well? It's probably fine, but worth double checking just to rule it out.