1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 copy instruments

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Taybot, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

Now that I'm finishing songs, I need to figure out how to organize projects. I have to move some projects from my iMac to my external hard drive.

When I save the project, I have the Include Assets box checked, but should I check the box that says "Copy EXS instruments to project folder"?

My "Copy Ultrabeat samples to project folder" box is checked, but not the EXS one. Will this be a problem when I slide the project onto my external hard drive? I just don't get why my Ultrabeat box is checked, but not the EXS or Space Designer box.

3. Taybot

Taybot Senior member

can someone help me with this please?
  4. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

I keep all my projects on an external drive (actually two: one is a working drive, the other a backup). I don't save anything but audio files as I know I'm keeping everything with the same computer. That said EXS instrument files are very small - can't hurt to keep them.

However, if you're moving you files to another computer, collect everything!