1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Copying multiple channel strip settings?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by brucepierce, Aug 20, 2012.

1. brucepierce

brucepierce New Member

Hello folks,
    Here's my situation,
    I had a less than consistent drummer in my studio who laid down 4 tracks...I needed to sample all 4 drum close mics to remove cymbal crashing from them so they are 100% sample...I've spent serious time on the overheads, rooms and ride and hat tracks in one song and have the drums sounding amazing...is it possible to copy all the channel strip settings (10 of them) at once into the remaining 3 songs?

Thanks in advance

Bruce

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

As far as I'm aware, you can only do it one at a time, but that should only take you a minute or 2 each song anyways for 10 tracks. Just make sure to save the channel strip settings into their own sub folder so you can easily find them...

4. brucepierce

brucepierce New Member

Thanks for your time George

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Bruce,

As an alternative, you could also try the track import function; and just import the tracks with their plug-ins and settings into your destination songs. This can get a bit messy though if you are dealing with sub groups and multiple output destinations, etc. But I agree with George, your best bet is to save the channel strip settings; and then just call them up in your destinations songs as needed.

6. brucepierce

brucepierce New Member

I know this is hackey but... I have been opening both projects
    One on each monitor and doing a copy and paste between
    The 2 files...is there a prettier way?

7. Eli

Eli Senior member

Yes, definitely. From your source song, save the channel strip settings from under the channel strip menu. Then you don't need to open the source song again. The presets will be available in your channel strip settings menu in all future projects you open.

8. brucepierce

brucepierce New Member

Thanks Eli,
    I have used that process with saving and loading eq's, compressor and reverb settings and such, I don't know why it never dawned on me that channel strips would work the same way...
    Much appreciated...

On a side note, I had to reset my samples for each channel strip as if it lost the location of the sample file, the path was still there in the sampler but I had to re select the file...probably a sampler software issue as opposed to a logic issue, all other settings were intact.
    Thanks