Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating a suspensful sound in logic.

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by chuckybear, Apr 17, 2012.

1. chuckybear

chuckybear New Member

Hi fellers, I usually record instruments in logic but now im trying to score a scary movie and i only have basic knowledge of the instruments in logic. Im trying to create a swelling sound that keeps getting higher and higher in pitch I have an example of a movie trailer below. the suspenseful sound Im trying to recreate happens around 1:34 sounds like a vacuum or maybe modified strings getting higher and higher in pitch, is there a way i could do that maybe using LFO or... i dont know that's why im on here. thanks for the help.
  3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I would go through some ES2 patches or use it to try to make something windy, then set the pitchbend range to 36 and program a slow rise from -36 to 0 (or higher if you want) while a cluster of notes plays. If you can't find a suitable ES2 patch, maybe you could sample a vacuum and loop it in EXS24 (or use a string patch playing a cluster chord) and do the same thing with pitch bend. Good luck!
  4. chuckybear

chuckybear New Member

Ok! thanks a lot will do.